Post Hair Transplant Precautions For Patients
Hair transplant surgery is one of the most delicate cosmetic procedures and if you are opting for this treatment or operation; staying abide by the pre and post-operative instructions is essential. We, the team of Radiance Hair Clinics provide world-class therapies for our patients looking for quality and permanent solutions to their hairlessness. However, your adherence to our post-operative instructions is indispensable for achieving the optimal results.
Immediate After Surgery
- Immediately after your surgery; a specific water solution and a saline spray bottle to be applied on your wounds.
- You have to take a full 12-hour sleep, with your head on an elevated position is essential.
- Combing hair should be refrained for at least three months.
- No bathing for five days minimum.
- For the first three days, avoid doing any kind of strenuous physical activities
- You have to protect your hair and scalp from the direct exposure to the sun
- After five days of surgery, use of mild shampoo is recommended.
- You need to dilute the shampoo with regular water before applying it hair
- You should never rub the transplanted area
- You may experience swelling in the transplanted area
- You are recommended to consume vitamin-rich foods
- Always avoid hair wash within five days of hair transplant
- You can go for hygienic and preventive hair wash with recommended shampoo after 5-6 days of operation
- Do not use any kind of appliances or blow dryer for hair for at least 15 days
- Avoid taking blood-thinning medicines for one week after surgery
Patients are advised to have a clear understanding of all these precautions before going for surgery or after getting discharged from the operation theatre. You can visit our IRC Village-based clinic if any type of bleeding or issues experienced two or three days after the operation!